I looked for recipes online to make these potatoes, but they all called for frozen hash browns, and I had only whole fresh potatoes. So, I improvised, and played with the recipes I found until I thought I had what would work best for me. This is my results:
- 1/2 cube butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/34 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 oz can cream of chicken soup (or cream of celery)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 potatoes shredded (or frozen hash brown package)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups crushed corn flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Saute the onions in the butter for about 5 minutes, until soft.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix all remaining ingredients completely (except corn flakes and melted butter)
- Pour into a lightly greased 9x13in casserole dish or pan, set aside. Flatten mixture evenly.
- Add the melted butter to the crushed corn flakes stir to coat. Spread on top of the potatoes in an even layer.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until center is hot and bubbly.
Enjoy! My family looooovessss these!!!